Experience the ride of your life with a helicopter tour! Departing right from the doorstep of the Clubhouse, this is the ultimate way to take your High Country visit to the next level.
Day trips are available ranging from 25 minutes to over 2 hours, taking in sights from the local High Country to the Southern Alps. Heli-taxi services are also available between Christchurch Airport and Terrace Downs, as well as between the resort and Tekapo, Kaikoura or Akaroa. Or for the ultimate ride to Mt Hutt, take the heli-taxi and arrive right at the ski field’s exclusive heli-pad.
High Country Scenic with landing
- This scenic flight takes you over the impressive Canterbury High country with views spreading out into the Southern Alps. Landing at Lagoon Saddle hut provides a sensational photo opportunity before flying off around the summit of Mt Hutt and enjoying views over the Canterbury Plains to the Port Hills and south to the Hunter Hills.
Allow 25 minutes. Minimum group of two.
Alpine Scenic with Seasonal Snow Landing
- This scenic flight takes you winding up the north Ashburton River, out into the expansive back country with impressive views of the Taylor Range and down to Lake Heron. Land up on Black Hills and experience the chill of snow between your hands or just enjoy the spectacular views of the Rakaia River system. Continue the journey out over Lake Coleridge, home of the landlocked Chinook Salmon as well a brown and Rainbow Trout before returning via the Rakaia Gorge along the Mt Hutt range.
Allow 45 minutes. Minimum group of two.
- When its time to celebrate a significant occasion, treat that special person to a breathtaking picnic. We’ll fly you to secluded snowcapped mountains or a romantic alpine lake leaving you to take in the stunning views of the Southern Alps. Take your time as you indulge in the freshly prepared gourmet picnic lunch complete with a bottle of Champagne.
Minimum group of two.
Mountain Spectacular with Glacier views and landing
- New Zealand’s Southern Alps mountain range has dramatic glacial peaks which are remnant of the ice ages. This spectacular scenic flight takes you on a journey through a vast range of alpine lakes and glaciers as they carve their way amongst rugged towering peaks. On the return enjoy a landing on Black Hills with breathtaking views along the Rakaia Gorge and Lake Coleridge.
Allow one hour and 15 minutes. Minimum group of two.
Awesome Aoraki Mt Cook
- Seeing is believing on this dramatic and awe inspiring scenic flight. Enjoy magical views of the patchwork of the Canterbury Plains agriculture as you lift off and travel inland to the contrast of vast high country plateaus and peaks. Discover the stunning turquoise of glacial fed lakes, dramatic ice gardens and an array of New Zealand’s tallest peaks. In the midst of this rugged landscape enjoy photo opportunities of the jewel in the crown, Aoraki Mt Cook, New Zealand’s highest peak at 3,754m.
Allow two hours and 15 minutes. Minimum group of two.
Duration, landings and flight paths are all weather dependent and can therefore vary on the day at the discretion of the Pilot.
Mt Hutt heli-taxi, airport transfers and South Island transport: Minimum group of two. Terrace Downs to Mt Hutt flight takes around five minutes.
For detailed pricing and any inquiries, please contact us.